Series on design masters in India:
Avinash Godbole made a difference in the communication design world in India by conceiving of images and representations within the context of local idioms.
He believed that every designer has aspecial role to play in society in order to make life more pleasant.
He admired the variety of work by Milton Glaser and especially his ability to design without any hang-ups.
Avinash Godbole has keen interest in paintings, sculpture and Indian classical music.
- He was born in Pune in the year 1942.
- He studied at the Sir J J Institute of Applied Arts in Mumbai (1950-55)
- Taught at Art School (1966-70)
- Worked as senior visualised in advertising agency in Mumbai (1970 -76)
- Worked as a freelancer (1976-81)
- Art Director at Rediffussion Advertising, Mumbai (1981-90)
* Some of the images/text in this section courtesy 'The Korean Design Journal' and thanks to Sudarshan Dheer for sharing the documents