|Home> Design-Thoughts> Design
Masters> Benoy Sarkar> Biography
Series on design masters in India:
Benoy Sarkar was born in Calcutta in 1938.
- He did his Bachelors and Masters studies (BFA nad MFA) at the Yale University in the USA.
- He learnt from masters like Paul Rand and Alvin Eisenmann who taught at the Yale University.
- He taught and worked at the National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad for many years and later shifted to Delhi and was with the Handicrafts and Handloom Export Corporation of India.
- He designed exhibitions - for example the Indian pavilion at the Montreul Expo '67
- He designed many memorable logos and identity programs for corporations and institutions - such as the Electronic Corporation of India, the Indian Airlines, Delhi Transport Corporation, Airports Authority of India, Trade Fair Authority of India and many others.
Design in India
Home> Design-Thoughts> Design Masters> Mickey Patel> Biography
|©2005 > > > >|